Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Quilt Marathon

 
On Friday my friend asked to make a baby quilt. She needed it by Sunday afternoon for a baby shower. For some reason (probably because I secretly love her) I told her that I would do it. We discussed colors and patterns during the day while on break at work and as soon as I go home, I began to pull fabric from my stash.

Inspiration Fabric
I finally decided on a pattern Friday evening and made plans to go to my LQS and Joann's the next morning to get more fabric to match the stash, get backing fabric, and batting since I will be shopping for this project and all the batting that is here is spoken for.

I was able to do all of that and get home by noon. I was at both stores as soon as they opened, since they open an hour apart! Hopefully they see people line up outside like it is Black Friday on a normal basis. I may or may not have had my face pressed against the door/window.

As soon as I got home, I got to work pressing fabric, cutting strips, and finally sewing.


I quilted it in my favorite curves as soon as I had the top finished.


























Then put the binding on it, and put it in the washer and dryer. I put the binding on by machine like I have been doing recently. It is fast and, I think, looks good.


The backing is a pink fabric that matches the pink in the quilt. I also used it for the binding since it looked so pretty


I buried the knots the next morning before taking the quilt to my friend.







I had not taken any finished pictures, so I asked her if she could be my quilt model. Her children love having their picture taken and all piled on top of her to take pictures. I took these with my not too stellar phone, so they are a little blurry at times but capture all the fun and excitement.



I know this picture is blurry, but I love it so much!
Aren't they so funny, cute, and a hoot to be around!

 
This quilt finished at 34"x 42" and was very happily received.





No comments: