Sunday, November 27, 2011

Wrapped in Hope

The 2012 Wrapped in Hope list is up. You can also find information about this ministry here.

I love making these quilts! I made these two quilts this year.

For the new 2012 list I am making a quilt for a young lady who will turn ten in January. She likes turtles, pink, and purple which is perfect because I love turtles, pink, and purple! Also, I have the perfect fabric! I have been collecting turtle fabric for a long time, so I knew exactly what fabric to chose.

I bought this turtle fabric about ten years ago. It was intended to make a couple of pillowcases, but I was new at sewing. I did not know the proper size to cut the fabric to make a pillowcase and just abandoned the project until the beginning of last year when I made this pillowcase.



When I read her requests I pulled it out and looked at it. It was perfect. Then I pulled out all of my pink and purple fabrics. With the large size of the turtle on the fabric I wanted it to be big. So I decided on a six inch finished square and decided that I wanted to put sashing (two by six inch finished) and corner stones (two inch finished) around it.



The required finished size of the quilt is 40"x60". So, I decided to make twenty four blocks (ten inches finished each). After I piece the blocks together, I plan on sewing on a lime green boarder and then a scrappy boarder of pinks, purples, and turtle fabric. I already have six blocks together and I have some of that pink fabric from the pillowcase used as corner stones.

What do you think? I love it!

No comments: