Saturday, January 18, 2014

Ocean Currents

I am working diligently on finishing my wall hanging and should have it finished in a few short days.

 
I am working on the background (ocean) first, starting at the dark end of the quilt and working toward the light end. 


I am also working on some of the other smaller designs as I go. I am going to do the turtles last. I want to give my FMQ as much practice as I can before tacking the subject. So, I have quilted fish, coral, necklaces, and ocean currents.

 
I like the swirls. I have tried to make spirals without marking anything; it doesn't work out very well, but I like the results that I have made. It looks very organic and swirly.

 
I cannot wait to finish this and hang it. I have been thinking a lot about how to hang it. I would usually make a sleeve all the way across the back, but I am not sure if I want to do that. I was also thinking about making a few tabs similar to a sleeve but in pieces to go across the back, but what if I get off a little. I have also considered having hanging tabs from the top, but I am not sure how to do those.
 
Also, I am wondering about the binding. I think I will do a single fold binding, but I might just fold the bottom around and whip-stitch it to the top.

No comments: