Tuesday, January 14, 2014

A Little Something For Me...

...because I deserve it, dang it!

I have a love for turtles and just had to make this wall hanging for ME many years ago. It has been at least four years since I made this top. I never finished it because at the time I did not quilt by machine let alone do ANY FMQ!

 
The pattern says 2006, so it may have been more than four years ago since I made it. Hmm... I wonder how many other WIPs have been waiting more than four, five, and even more years for me to finish. Maybe I should check on that and make it a new year's resolution. Anyways, we got a new TV and it changed our viewing pleasure of more than the TV. There is this large bare area above the TV. I thought that a wall hanging would look great there and then I remembered this wall hanging that I made and put away.



I thought I would be the perfect shape (long), color, subject for that area. So, I pulled it out along with some backing fabric, found a piece batting JUST wide enough, pieced the back, and basted it all together.


Time for some lovely FMQ to finally finish this wonderful wall hanging and then to hang it! So, excited to be making something for me.

2 comments:

Cindy Maki said...

My daughter loves turtles too. She would love a whole quilt of these beautiful turtles. I have several paper pieced turtles together already and want to put some turtle fabric as backing but can't seem to find much in the way of turtles. Anyone know where I can find some?

Cindy Maki said...

Thanks!!!