Monday, May 18, 2015

Tiger Pride

I made this quilt for the girls soccer coach as a big thank you for letting me be a volunteer-helper coach. Being an assistant coach has meant so very much to me, and I do not know how to express my utmost thanks for such an opportunity without making and giving a quilt.
 

It is in the school colors: black and gold (and a little grey). It has flowers in the fabrics, but I figure you know GIRLS soccer and that his wife will probably use it more than he will. He enjoys the cold weather that starts the season. I did make it very long (on accident really...shh) so that they can share if they go to a game together (obviously not one he is coaching) or she brings their (grown) children.

 
Many of the fabrics were originally purchased for the 2016 quilt and, with the greys, did not work well with the black and old gold of that quilt. This quilt it more yellow and grey with pops black.
I purchased a few more fabrics and pulled a couple from the stash.

 
This yellow was from my stash. I did not realize that I had used a strip from one end until I had cut into it and started to piece, so I found a scrap of yellow and threw it in. I think it works well, and I do not think anyone will really even notice it. This is really the only one that was left after trimming the sides to match. You know, over trimming to the point where it would have been just fine to leave the strip the original size. So, this is a long and slender quilt.


I am really rather excited to finish and give this quilt to them. I hope they are excited to receive it.

No comments: