Tuesday, May 26, 2015

Batik Slash Finish

WHOOO HOOOO!
This quilt is finished! Another quilt that has been waiting to be finished for far to long.

 
My sister and I had a lot of fun photographing this quilt, and who wouldn't? This quilt is so nice. I really love it!

 
I had a hard time deciding how to quilt this. With all of the blocks not being the same size, I felt a little limited on how to quilt it. I did not want to stitch-in-the-ditch with ditches that did not line up. I did not want to do any straight line quilting either because of the same reasons. In the end I decided to make "petals" much like I did with Serenity's quilt. I cannot remember which blog I read that showed how to do this. When I do I will update with the link.
 

I decided that it needed another quilting line and quilted down the middle of these "petals" for more stability and looks. Also, here is a close look at the backing and binding fabric. It is a bright batik that I thought matched the brightness of the quilt. I could not decide on a fabric with so many batiks to choose from.


This quilt will sneak up on you!


It's getting closer!

 
Almost on top of you!


BOOM! It got you!
I warned you. ;) My sister is goofy.

 
A full shot of the back.
 
Although this quilt was originally going to be a gift (four years ago), I had no current intentions other than to finish it. I really like this quilt and think that I will keep it. Although I give many quilts away it is nice to keep one every once in a while. So, I have hopes for the use of this quilt in the future at my home, but for now I will curl up under it.
 
It measures: 42" x 52"
 

No comments: