Saturday, May 26, 2012

More Baby Blankets

I finished the final three baby blankets for the month of May.


I had fun making these.


This monkey blanket is for a friend who is having a girl. The theme is: monkeys and pink. I may make her another on of these with pink on the back instead of pink dots. You can always use more blankets, right?


This blanket does not have an intended recipient. I plan on putting it on my new etsy shop. This is the first item to go in this shop.


This is the third blanket. I made it in a hurry. I wanted to show you what it looks like when you pull the blanket through the opening so, I took this picture for that. Then I finished the blanket, and since I was already thirty minutes late for the baby shower I bagged it; forgetting to take a picture.

I am happy to report that she LOVED it.


While I am showing you pictures that may help you make your own, here is a picture of how I close the opening. I use a slip stitch with a needle and thread by hand. I go in one side a stitch then the next side and pull closed. Then tie it off and pull the thread into the fold and clip. You really do not see the stitches when you are finished and looks good.

No comments: