Saturday, September 20, 2014

Pepper Sprout

 
 
My husband and I are friends with a couple whose last name is Pepper who were expecting their first child. They had a little girl that I affectionately call Pepper Sprout. You know that I just HAD to make Pepper Sprout a quilt. They have chosen the colors pink and green and have a monkey theme.

I still had about a yard and half plus scraps of monkey fabric from these two projects and knew it would be perfect.

I could not decide on a pattern, but after seeing this Crazy Mom Quilts quilt, I know the pattern that I wanted to use.

The original quilt and Crazy Mom Quilts quilt both use scraps, and I have plenty of those. So, out came the pink and green previously cut squares of pink and green squares. They went together so well. I cut squares of monkey fabric from scraps and pieced the center square.


I purchased the pink fabric and sewed it all together.



Since this was inspired by a CMQ quilt, I thought I would use her honeycomb quilting also.

I wrapped this quilt around a pack of diapers for this month early baby and gave it to the grateful parents. They love it.

 
I think it is rather nice also, and the baby is precious.
 
Edited to show the backing.
 
 

No comments: