A few months ago, I became inspired by this post by A Few Scraps.
She took her left over two inch or so strips of batting, that were too small to piece together into Frankenstein batting for quilts, and made a little placemat/ table top cover.
Usually I save these pieces of batting to use as stuffing for pillows and such, but I thought this was a great idea!
So, I took the scraps from Sophia and Lilly's quilts and put them together to make this scrap quilt-as-you-go quilt panel.
I took all of the scrappy triangles and placed them together on the angle so that once sewn they would be rectangles. I know I am a genius!
This will be an ongoing quilt. I plan on taking many other scraps and sewing them to left over batting to make a very interesting quilt.
This was the layout and beginning of the quilting/sewing project.
Finished, for now, result.
I really like how the angle seem to go in random ways and how some of the points and ends seem cut off. I even not so secretly hope that when this is sewn together that they will still be cut off. It is freeing to not worry about the points.
I plan to straighten the edges of this piece, which will remove the dog ears, but for now I will see if I can add any more fabric to the rest of the batting.
I think I might even use my leftover binding strips to piece the panels together.