Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Christmas For Mom

I decided to make my mom a lap quilt for Christmas and this shed looked like the best place for a picture of the finished top.
 
 
This August when I was waiting for my machine to be fixed I cleaned my sewing room and put projects in order to make, I found the stack of stripes and fabric left from this project. I remember that I saved the rest to make my mom a quilt, so I put it in the stack. When I started pulling the quilt tops to quilt for my friend, I found this stack ready to get started. So, I pulled some of my other green scraps out and put a few in to complete a small lap quilt. I think the fabric additions really make this quilt pop!
 
I know my mom is going to love it! I have not ever made her a quilt (I am I shock also), and green is her favorite color. This top whipped up fast and I should have it quilted fast also. I still have enough fabric for the back and binding. All I have to do is get some batting and start quilting.
Christmas will be cozy!

No comments: