Thursday, July 25, 2013

Boo Hoo, Cry, Whine, Sniff

I took my sewing machine in for some maintenance. While I was there I mentioned that the light was flickering on and off; mostly off. They seemed surprised because the light is LED and should not do that. So, they had to order the light.

This is where it gets sad. It is supposed to take them two weeks, TWO WEEKS, to get my machine fixed up. They said it normally takes three days to get a machine cleaned and put back together, but because they had to wait for the light it would be about two weeks before it was ready

Let me tell you, I am going crazy without it. I have cleaned my sewing room. Yes, it is sparkling.
*WARNING: If you are expecting before and after pictures, it is not going to happen. I am more than a little embarrassed as to how it looked before cleaning, and I am not excited to show you the boring, although better, after picture of the laundry, I mean.. umm... sewing room. Yeah, sewing room with a washing machine, dryer, and clothes both clean and dirty that always want to be washed, dried, folded, put away, and covering my work space... WHY MUST MY WORK SPACE ALWAYS BE COVERED IN LAUNDRY?! Oh, um, sorry. I was cleaning my sewing room...

During the cleaning I uncover all sorts of WIPs, pulled fabric stacks for projects, and scraps, all sorts of wonderful scraps. So, I sorted the laundry WIPs, fabric stacks, and scraps into piles and put them in order to work on when my sewing machine finally gets back. I know that I will not be without a project for some time, but it is always good to have something to work on.

So, I guess I will go find something else to clean since I don't have my machine back yet. Or maybe I will just pull some more fabric and prepare for when I can sew again. Yeah, I think I will do that!

No comments: