Monday, June 6, 2011

Inspiration Calling

I have a few projects started and some with due dates that I MUST work on and finish, but this is calling my name.



I really want to make a quilt like this. So, I bought a lot of white fabric and cut it into 2 1/2" strips (rather than buying a white jelly roll), and I want to use batik fabric. I have a lot of batik fat quarters, so I cut into them.





They are obviously not the same length, so I am going to modify this a little. Instead of three rows, I am going to do two. They will be the length of the fat quarter, so approximately half the length they would be. Sort of like this one only half the length.



I intend to use the triangle ends, that are left over, as well in something. Maybe use them as a border, a baby quilt, orphan blocks, or something. The ideas are endless. I am also planning a quilt using this technique to make a wedding present. Stay tuned for that one (I already have the fabric).

No comments: