Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Quilt Trip... I mean Trip's Quilt


I have been working on a baby quilt for a friend. Her son was born December of 2009, that wasn't too long ago to finish a baby quilt, was it? Anyways, I started the quilt awhile ago. I finally finished the top last week, hence the quilt trip.

If I put another border on it now, will I have to say I finished the top in 2011?




  
I could not decide on how to put the blocks together. I had 12, and I was going to place them on point (I have never done an on point quilt), but I was just not feeling it. So, I messed around with the blocks after Christmas, and found that I like the new placement a lot. Problem was, I now had to make another 4 blocks to complete the look. I think technically  it will nowbe called a total of 4 blocks instead of 16, but isn't it great!

I have no idea what these blocks are called or what the blocks are called put together in this placement. So, that means until I am told otherwise I will call this placement "Trip" after the future owner.

No comments: