Sunday, October 12, 2014

Paper Piecing 2 or Z?

I am making a quilt for a friend in her son's high school colors (black and gold) and I am putting his graduating year (2016) in the quilt.
 
 
I went looking for a way to make numbers. I found this paper piecing instructions for numbers and letters. I printed out the two, zero, one, and six and decided to start at the beginning: the two.

 
It was a struggle. I have never worked with paper piecing (I might not again after the headache I had with this) and I just could not figure it out!

 
Finally, after two previous starts, I finished the two...

 
Is it just me or does it look like a Z?
 
I think I will look for a different way to make a two. One without paper piecing! It is a good thing I have a nephew with a Z name. I see a Crazy Mom Quilts pillow in his future. :)

No comments: