Thursday, August 16, 2012

T-shirt Memory Quilt

I finished the T-shirt quilt! I had so much fun piecing and machine quilting it.


On the border pieces I tried to change the quilting from each block and to do something special (I did not always succeed; some are the same quilting pattern). These blocks did not have a print on them, so the quilting was a little more noticeable and there was more room to be creative. Let the creative juice/ fun flow!
Does anyone else see the cat in the picture? He was such a ham!


Then this guy had to come over to see what all the excitement was about. See how the cat is all like "Nothing to see here!"


Maybe you can see the back. I just love how the thread pops! So much fun!


With all of the Alabama T-shirts, I felt that an Alabama themed binding was in order. It looks really good on this quilt!


I want to thank my mother-in-law for being my wonderful quilt model. She did a great job. Even when I was like "One more. One more. Just one more...." I think we will have to do this again. She is that good.

This quilt measured 79"x64" not a bad size at all.
Other posts are here, here, here, here, and here. Wow, I did not realize how many times I have blogged about this quilt!

No comments: