Friday, July 16, 2010

machine quilting progress1





Well, after buying batting and backing for a quilt top and waiting for them to wash, dry, and iron I thought perhaps I was jumping in just a little to fast. I though, "Maybe I should practice a little first! Yes, it looks easy, but so do a lot of things."


Practice I did. I got a couple of similar sized scraps together and a piece of batting. Then I tried to put my feed dogs down. Down you dogs, down! Then I tried to attach the darning foot, which proved to be difficult. Darn darning foot! Finally, I read the directions. Then I got out the screwdriver! With my darning foot finally attached and feed dogs down, I was ready for practice and glad it was just practice.


Here is my practice piece.



Front




and back.




Not to bad for a crazy town creator!


There was one little problem that could be bad. I folded a portion of the backing which was quilted down. Potential future craziness.

No comments: