Wednesday, November 26, 2014

Serenity's Quilt

I have a friend who has had six children. Although they were not trying for a girl, her first five children were all boys. They had decided after their fourth child that he would be their last. Then they had two more surprises and the last was their girl.

She is the first granddaughter for this family and everyone is excited. Of course since I have made baby quilts for all of her brother, I just had to make one for her.


Colors requested were: pink and purple. So, I pulled  pink and purple scraps and trimmed and squared them up. Do you not just love a little pile of trimmings?

After all of the trimming, squaring, and rearranging, I wound up with this.
 
 
 
I think it is kind of cute even though I think it is slightly boring, but I think I can pep it up with some awesome quilting and a super princess backing fabric.







No comments: