Wednesday, July 6, 2011

T-Shirt Layout


To get an idea of a layout for this quilt I started arranging the rough cut t-shirts.

This looks like a promising layout.

As I have been pressing the interfacing and trimming the shirts into a conforming 16 inch square, the layout will most likely change. Soon I will have this top finished. I already have the backing material, so now I need to get my butt in gear, finish the top, get some batting (or at least dedicate some stashed for this project), and start quilting. Hmm... sounds like a plan that will start this weekend and end sometime next week!

Just for some fun (and because I need to get it in gear), I am making a wonky quilt similar to this one and using the tutorial, only in greens, yellows, and blues for a nephew due in September.

No comments: